Longman Academic Reading Series
This five-level reading series is organized by themes from academic disciplines.
• Authentic readings from a variety of sources engage students’ interest.
• Step-by-step approach helps students develop academic knowledge, vocabulary, and reading strategies and skills.
• The aim of the series is to make students more effective and confident readers by providing high-interest readings on academic subjects and teaching them skills and strategies for effective reading, vocabulary building, note-taking and critical thinking.
• The series encourages students to discuss and write about the ideas they discovered in the readings, making them better speakers and writers of English as well.
|Longman Academic Writing Series|
Five-level, highly “teachable” writing series, with an approach that balances process with structure, for development of writing skills from sentences to research papers.
• Step-by-step approach introduces academic writing requirements and makes the process easy to follow
• Realistic writing models present the type of writing to be learned in each chapter and clear explanations with examples make the concepts easy to understand
• Sentence structure sections and Editing Practice make students better writers and proofreaders
• Interactive pair and group work allow opportunities for peer feedback
• Practical tasks follow a progression from recognition to controlled production and finally communicative activities
• Timed Writing provides timed practice and tips for writing in exam conditions
• Writing Tips offer useful strategies to help students improve their writing
• Vocabulary is taught through Noticing Vocabulary, Applying Vocabulary, and word family charts
• Self-Check allows students to evaluate their progress
• End of chapter Writing Expansion assignments such as journaling further develop skills just learned